Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday

Bothering Again
-----------------------
Hi ,

Yesterday was a very bad day , I received two offending comments telling me that Deborah Ng 's blog http://writersrow.com/deborahng/freelancewritingjobs.html was talking about me attacking her blog , so when I visited her blog I surprised from that much offensive words about me and my blog from Deborah Ng and her friends , the reason was one of her visitors lift a comment about copying my job list ,

The comment was :
Joan Brody said...

"Stop copying other's work and paste it in your blog , go to http://freelancesteps.blogspot.com and you'll find out what I mean .

Please compare the jobs NO, 3 , 4 , 6 , 8 , 9 ,10 ,11 ,12 ,13 ,14 in you list with her list ( I don't think it was an accident )

OH , Don't say that you're the victim because her post was much earlier than yours
( check the post time )"

So it was the green light to Deborah Ng to start attacking me and talking about copyright violation and Angela Hoy and her warnings , this gives me the right to defend my self

first , regarding the copyright violation they talked about it because I'm copying the ads and paste them in my blog , so if anyone of you find a violation please contact me by e-mail but before that I want tell her and her friends something was sent to me by e-mail from Payam Emrani about copyrights ( thank you Payam for your help) .

Payam wrote

"This is well defined copyright law and these people have no idea what they are taking about.
What you have created is an online yellow pages and there is no copyright in that; thus you can take pieces, heck you can take all of the content of someone else's site and post it on your own.
Anyone who tells you anything else has no idea what they are talking about.

Please read the following case:

FEIST PUBLICATIONS, INC. v. RURAL TELEPHONE SERVICE CO., 499 U.S. 340 (1991)

Sincerely
Payam Emrani "


second regarding the comment she received about spamming me Yes , she did copied my list and this obvious for three reason
1- if you use the following link you will find 5 jobs from the same company "About.com" yesterday I decided to take only 3 jobs randomly and leave the others to the next day , and by accident i consider that she choose the same 3 jobs " you can check by your self " http://www.journalismjobs.com/search_results.cfm?JobTypeID=4
2- you can check the job numbers mentioned in the comment she received from "Joan"
and find out that the only effort she did is just only mix the job 's order.
3- It's not her first time to be accused of spamming and copying lists and her last time was in July I'm sure all her visitors can remember that .

Finally , I can't work in this atmosphere so I'll take a break ,and leave you to decide hopping that everything will be normal . I'm so sorry again but it's out of hands see you next Monday.

Thank you for you time .

Regards
Sally

No comments: